World's End Chapter 2 World's End Chapter 2

Already amazing, and I haven't even broken out of the jail yet. Because I loved part 1 so much, I hopped right into part two. Of course, I loved that I was able to carry over all my progress. The first battle was a pretty good warmup, but the second one being a 4-way free for all, was extremely creative. This was the kind of stuff I was hoping Final Fantasy Tactics would have had in it. In the latter part of the first game, I had to admit the AI was pretty damn crafty, especially because I was trying to keep all my party members alive for those extra experience points. I'm really looking forward to finishing this chapter, and I've hardly scratched the surface. Like others have said, if you stitched this and part 1 together, you very well have a feature length game worth $20 easy.

World's End Chapter 1 World's End Chapter 1

Amazing. This is a fantastic tactics RPG that really whets the appetite for anyone who loves Final Fantasy Tactics. It's a little more basic in terms of gameplay, but for a Flash game, I'm blown away. You really put some work into this game. My only gripe is that if I'm having trouble with a battle, it'd be nice if I could go fight previous battles (grind) to get more powerful and prepared, but on the other hand, this makes you rely on strategy than grinding. The plat isn't really that amazingly funny considering it's supposed to be a satire, but it moves the story along and gives an excuse for action. I've only finished the pharmacist rescue mission, but I plan to complete the game. I haven't been this enthralled in a Flash game for a long time.

New York Shark New York Shark

You were ahead of the Sharknado curve with this game. This game is all about the raw juvenile humor that made me love NG as a kid. I've been a fan of your stuff since Indian Outlaw. Keep 'em coming!

Wiesi responds:

Thanks for playing my games!

Reimagine :The Game: Reimagine :The Game:

An excellent joyride through pop culture

Love the references, love the crossovers (Gaga vs. Meat Boy was begging to be done!). This game reminds me of Bugs Bunny's Rabbit Rampage for the SNES in that every level has a different meme and there's very little explanation for the transitions between levels. I played your older games and I'm glad you got away from the jumping off a cliff thing you kept doing in them. That was getting real old, real quick, but this is a blast. I can't wait for part 4.

Road of the Dead Road of the Dead

Awesome!

This was a great marvel of Flash. Graphically this felt like a 1st gen PS1 game or an early 90's arcade game. The background chatter did WONDERS for adding to the mood. Whoever the guy was who played the lead general guy sounded exactly like Vasquez from COD 4: Modern Warfare. The gameplay did get a tad repetitive despite introducing new things as you went along. You're off to a great start. I bet you can make a sequel with even more features.

Super Mario Crossover Super Mario Crossover

Excellent tribute to the NES era

Anyone who gives this less than a 10 just has no soul.

Canabalt Canabalt

Sweet and simple

And for such an oldschool looking game, it really is packed with atmosphere. Something I found useful is that sometimes it's beneficial to run into objects to slow yourself down and be more prepared for jumps. I do wish you would make the game non restrictive in zooming because my monitor resolution is so huge, I like to zoom my browser in so I can see the game better.

Curse Village Curse Village

Been there, done that, but still decent

Most of the conventions you've got in this game were almost exactly as they were in "The Last Stand" 1 and 2, but I can't dog on your for that too much since most other defense games have the same stuff. The floating gun thing came across as cheesy too, like you were too lazy to program an actual guy walking. In fact, the guns and melee weapons had virtually no difference because of the floating mechanic allowed you to get your gun right up on the zombies' faces which essentially turned them into swords themselves. I felt that really cheated players out of the experience. There was definitely some hard effort and love put into this, but I can tell you're capable of so much more.

Ronin-Spirit of the Sword Ronin-Spirit of the Sword

First person slicer!

This game is just cool. You came up with a brilliant and balanced first person sword fighting engine and made an epic game around it. I'd say this game STILL belongs in the top 50. I also appreciated the Myst style exploration between battles even though the levels themselves were a bit on the repetitive side. You really went all out with having a variety of items and tons of techniques to take out enemies. I'm really hoping for a sequel to this one day. This is one of those games that's begging for a Wii Ware version.

Combat Instinct 3 Combat Instinct 3

The CI games end with a third strong entry.

This Flash game was the Halo before Halo (while it was submitted to NG in 2002, it came to the internet in late 2001 before Halo's release). It was also a pleasure to help you out with some of the programming. Those aliens are a blast to...uh, blast. My only gripe with this game was that unlike CI1 and 2, this game didn't have as much level variety. In the on-foot levels of CI1 and 2, you're twisting and turning around space ships, enemy bases, nuked wastelands, and wreckages, but in CI3, you're just making a straight trek to a city and then marching through that city with almost the same buildings going by. CI3 also lacked destructible cover which is what CI2 had. The additional weapons are superb. The 2 in 1 minigun/rocket launcher that has one side counterbalance the other while in use is brilliant. I'm surprised Halo or Gears of War hasn't ripped that off yet. It's not your fault, but this game also suffers the texture bugs that CI2 suffers under the Flash 7+ players. Damn you, Macromedia-that-was. I would definitely say the highlight of this game is the cut scenes. The opening as well as cut scene before level 3 were excellently choreographed and felt like a movie. I do think there needed to be a little more chaos going on in the backgrounds on level 1 to bring the player in more (think the first few seconds of level 3 of CI1...CHAOS). Overall, this was a great ending to the CI games and I hope this remains in the minds and hearts of NG users for a very, very long time.

McFretN responds:

Thanks buddy! Have I ever told you that your universal soldier game was one of the things that inspired me to make the first CI? About the repetitive scenery in the fps levels; I wanted the monsters to randomly pop up from different angles making the game less predictable and different every play-through. It would look weird if you were in a pre-designed space and an alien pops in through a wall. Scripting could avoid this but I'm just not very good at that. Both solutions have a certain charm, but thinking back now I should have thought of a way to combine them.